Date balls are one of the easiest things to make ! They are great for pre or post workout snacks, a light snack on the go or even as a treat for teatime and dessert. Once you have the foundation of a date ball, the options are limitless so let your creativity flow!
Cooking time 30 minutes, makes 14-16 date balls
- 1 cup dried pitted dates
- 1 cup raw almonds (can also use cashew nuts, walnuts and pecan nuts)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- OPTIONAL: ¼ cup raisins or sultanas (nice to bulk up your portions)
- In your food processor, process the nuts into a powder.
- Add the dates and process into a paste.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and process until all combined.
- Tip: if the ingredients aren’t sticking together properly, add a touch of water.
- Remove the date ball batter from the food process (safety first!).
- Roll into balls and place on a tray that can be put in the freezer.
- Leave in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
Now get creative! Add peanut butter for something more decadent, add cocoa powder for a chocolaty treat, add lemon to get a zesty tang of flavour, whatever you like! Watch the blog for my creative takes on date balls, such as my mocha date balls, peanut butter bombs and choc-mint delights…