These brownies are legendary; they never last longer than a day in my house. My friends and family (healthy or not) always ask me to make these decadent treats – they are that good! And what makes these even greater is that they are so easy to make.
Cooking time 45 minutes, makes 5 big or 12 small pieces
- 1 cup dried pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds (can also use cashew nuts, walnuts and pecan nuts)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 2-4 tbso cocao or cocoa powder (make sure cocoa is sugar free)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- OPTIONAL: 1-2 tbsp honey/agave/maple syrup (I think they are sweet enough without it)
- A sheet of wax paper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp cocao or cocoa powder (make sure cocoa is sugar free)
- OPTIONAL: 1-2 tbsp honey/agave/maple syrup
- In your food processor, process the nuts into a powder.
- Add the dates and process into a paste.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and process until all combined.
- Tip: if the ingredients aren’t sticking together properly, add a touch of water.
- Lay a loaf tin (or any tin for moulding your brownies) with wax paper to allow the brownies to come out the tin easier.
- Remove the brownie ball batter from the food process (safety first!) and place in the tin on top of the wax paper.
- In the food processor, combine all icing ingredients and process until all combined and smooth.
- Spread the icing over the brownie batter in the tin.
- Leave in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Take the brownie batter out of the loaf tin and remove the wax paper.
- When it is a bit softer cut it into squares and enjoy!
They are vegan, raw, gluten-free and refined-sugar free. Get ready for a guilt-free indulgence!