I thought about this recipe on my way home and immediately it them a go. What resulted is now one of my absolute best healthy desserts!
Cooking time 25 minutes, makes 6 servings
- 1 cup coconut/almond flour – I prefer coconut flour for this recipe
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup raw nuts – your choice, whole or chopped
- 1/2 tbs baking powder
- 2 eggs OR 1 large mushed banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbs vanilla essence
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- OPTIONAL: 1-2 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs.
- Throw EVERYTHING together in a big mixing bowl and combine throughly.
- Put the mixture into pre-greased muffin tins or baking muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
These are SO GOOD! Highly recommend eating these fresh and hot out the oven with some cold banana nice-cream or whipped coconut cream (vegan and sugar-free recipes to be shared on the blog soon).