Ditch the dates and try something new! Jujubes are red dates packed full of natural sweetness with a tangy bite. Give this Chunky Jujube Fruit Balls recipe a go to give your raw energy balls an amazing new twist.
Cooking time 30 minutes, makes 10-12 balls
- 1 cup of dried jujube fruit
- 1 cup almond (any nuts will do)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Put the jujube fruit and almonds in a blender and pulse until they are broken into small chunks
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and pulse until combined
- Remove the batter from the blender and roll into balls
- Freeze the balls for 30 minutes
- Enjoy as an energy boosting snack!
These jujube balls are great as a pre-workout snack to give you a kick of energy.