Cookies and (nut) milk is not just for kids! My Cashew Butter Cookies are the perfect afternoon treat no matter what age you are. They are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and their is a vegan option too so everyone wins!
Cooking time 20 minutes, makes 10-12 cookies
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2-3 tbsp cashew butter
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg OR 1 mushed banana (for the vegan option)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix the coconut flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the cashew butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, vanilla essence and beaten egg/mushed banana together in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or coconut oil.
- Spoon out the batter into tablespoon sizes onto the baking tray – try get even sizes and make sure they are more flat than round.
- Tip: Roll the batter into individual balls with your hands, put them on the baking tray and flatten them a bit to get them all the same size.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Enjoy with some cool almond/coconut milk!
This will make about 10-12 medium sized cookies, I put dates on top for a little extra sweet treat!