Date balls are a regular item in my fridge – they are the best go-to snack for pre or post workout, an afternoon pick me up or dessert. So, when I was making my last batch I mixed it up a bit with my favourite Nutristrength vanilla pea protein and the creamiest Merdian Foods cashew butter. What resulted is an absolute dream – Power Protein Balls!
Cooking time 60 minutes, makes 10 big balls
- 1 cup nuts of choice
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp pea protein powder
- Put the nuts in a food processor and pulse until it forms a fine powder.
- Add the dates to the food processor and pulse until they are chopped into tiny pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse until smooth – add a dash of water to help it combine as you go.
- When the mixture has a thick texture remove it from the food processor.
- Roll into balls and freeze for 60 minutes.
- Enjoy cold straight from the fridge or freezer.
These Power Protein Balls are simply the most delicious nutritious post-workout snack. The protein nourishes your muscles and the cashew butter gives you a boost of energy, not to mention that they are a super yummy treat to reward yourself with!