Gone are the days that pancakes are a mission left for ‘treat’ days. This recipe is so easy, healthy and tasty that pancake day will be (and should be) every day! A great go-to breakfast for a loved one.
Cooking time 15 minutes, serves 1 – increase ingredients proportionally for more servings
- 1 large banana
- 1 egg replacements OR just use more bananas
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Cinnamon to taste (you can also add cacao powder for chocolate pancakes)
- Vanilla to taste
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil/olive oil
- Extra coconut oil/coconut oil spray for cooking
- OPTIONAL: Add a scoop of your protein powder for protein pancakes
- Mush the bananas into a paste.
- Make the egg replacement if using.
- Add all of the ingredients and mix together until they form a smooth batter.
- Heat up a non-stick pan with drop of coconut oil/coconut spray – reapply coconut oil for each pancake so they do not stick!
- Put a big spoon full of the batter into the pan in the size, shape and thickness you desire – try keep it as thin as you can, it will be naturally think from the bananas.
- Flip the pancake when the sides start to brown.
- Cook the other side for until brown too and remove from the pan.
- Repeat until the batter is finished.
- Plate and eat with the toppings of your choice!
I like fresh berries, fresh banana, plant based Greek style yogurt and maple syrup on my pancakes. I sprinkle on some cacao powder and cinnamon for an extra flavour kick. Get creative and top them with whatever your heart desires!