Gone are the days that pancakes are a mission left for ‘treat’ days. This recipe is so easy, healthy and tasty that pancake day will be (and should be) every day! A great go-to breakfast for a loved one.
Cooking time 15 minutes, serves 1 – increase ingredients proportionally for more servings
- 1 large banana
- 2 eggs OR use more bananas for a vegan option
- 1/2 cup coconut flour OR almond flour
- Vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Mush the pealed bananas into a paste.
- Beat the eggs.
- Mix the banana’s and eggs together in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together until they form a smooth batter.
- Heat up a pan with drop of coconut oil – reapply coconut oil for each pancake so they do not stick!
- Put a ladle of the batter on the hot coconut oil in the size, shape and thickness you desire! Try keep it as thin as you can, it will be naturally think from the bananas.
- Flip the pancake when the sides start to brown and lift.
- Cook the other side for a few seconds and remove from the pan.
- Repeat until the batter is finished.
- Plate and eat with the toppings of your choice!
I like fresh berries, fresh banana and maple syrup on my pancakes. I sprinkle on some cacao powder and cinnamon for an extra superfood flavour kick. Get creative and top them with whatever your heart desires!