Feel-good food that is truly good for your body! This coconut ‘creamy’ mushroom sauce on buckwheat pasta is a scrumptious vegan dinner that everyone will enjoy.
Cooking time 30 minutes, serves 2
- 1 punnet mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 small tin coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut flour (depending on how think you like your sauce you can use more or less)
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 gloves finely chopped garlic OR 1 tbsp crush garlic
- Cook your pasta as the packaging directs, I used a buckwheat pasta!
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic and let it simmer slightly.
- Add the coconut milk and turn the stove to a medium heat.
- When the coconut milk is simmering add the mushrooms and remaining spices. Mix well, use as much spices as you like!
- Add the flour gradually – as you add add it make sure to mix well to allow it to dissolve fully before adding more. By adding it gradually you avoid making a lumpy sauce and don’t overdo the flour!
- When the sauce is at your desired consistency turn down the heat to a low temperature and continue to mix. Let the flavours infuse this way for a few minutes before serving.
Serve immediately with a low-carb high-protein pasta such as buckwheat or chickpea pasta. You can even have it with other low-carb options like zucchini noodles!