My Guilt-Free French Toast is a super yummy, fun breakfast to share with loved ones. I make a big stack of French Toast for me and my man, lay out a whole lot of healthy toppings and the rest is up to our tastebuds!
Cooking time 30 minutes, makes 1 mini loaf
- 1 loaf of high protein bread (any low-GI gluten-free bread you like)
- 3 eggs OR 2 large bananas
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk OR coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/essence
- Coconut oil
- Cinnamon & xylitol mixed in a little container (instead of cinnamon & sugar)
- Maple syrup
- Almond butter
- Desiccated OR shaved coconut
- Cacao powder
- 1-2 sliced bananas
- 1 punnet blueberries
- Whisk the eggs OR mush the bananas into a paste in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the almond OR coconut milk and the vanilla extract/essence to the mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients in the mixing bowl to make your French Toast batter.
- Heat a pan with a little coconut oil.
- Dip a piece of bread in the batter, switching sides to ensure the bread soaks a little of the batter up (try holding it in for at 5 seconds a side).
- Cook the bread on the hot pan, until both sides are brown.
- When both sides are browned then remove from the pan.
- Repeat the heating, dipping and cooking process for the whole loaf.
Stack the French Toast pieces on a large plate or board, lay out the rest of the topping ingredients and enjoy your Guilt-Free French Toast.