There are 3 simple parts to this hot & cold, smooth & crunchy dessert. If you like cookies ‘n cream and are a fan of baked bananas you will love this recipe!
Cooking time 60 minutes, serves 4
Cookie Crumble Base:
- Crush a pack of gluten-free sugar-free vegan cookies OR use the same ingredients as my Clean Crumble.
- Spread evenly on a baking tray and bake at 180 degrees for 30-45 mins depending on how toasted you like them!
- Slice 1-2 bananas (1 large, 2 small).
- Place the slices evenly on top of the crumble half way through baking.
- Dash lemon juice and cinnamon on top.
- Put it back in the oven for the rest of the baking time.
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Put 1 can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight (needs to be very firm and cold).
- When you open the tin you will see it has separated into coconut cream and coconut milk. Pour the coconut liquid into a tupperware to use another time. Place the firm cold coconut cream in a mixing bow.
- Beat the firm cold coconut cream with an electric whisk (it’s much quicker!).
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla essence and some xylitol or coconut sugar for sweetness if you like.
- When it starts to looks like whipped cream (firm airy texture) it is done.
- Place back in the fridge until ready to serve.
- When the banana cookie crumble is done remove it from the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Dish banana cookie crumble into dessert dishes.
- Just before serving add a dollop of coconut whipped cream on top and enjoy 🙂
This is nice to serve in a clear glass jar so you can see all the layers. Or simply layer it on a small plate like I did.