This is tastiest, easiest apple cake you will ever make! I make this apple cake when I need a quick bake for a dessert or afternoon tea, and it does the job every time.
Cooking time 20 minutes, makes 1 small cake
- 2 chopped apples of choice
- 2 cups flour of choice (I used brown rice)
- 2 eggs/chia seed replacement (1 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 2 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup olive oil/coconut oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup honey/maple syrup (depends how sweet you like it)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- Fold in the apples.
- Line a deep baking tray with baking paper/coconut oil.
- Pour the batter onto the tray evenly.
- Bake for 20 mins at 160 degrees.
- Let the cake cool, then cut in half.
- Stack the cake layers on top of each other.
Spread some honey/maple/jam between layers if you fancy! Enjoy with a dollop of coconut yogurt or whipped coconut cream on top.