Yummy Pawpaw – or Papaya – is a healthy South African breakfast dish. South Africa has incredible fresh produce, so growing up we always had an abundance of fruits and vegetables in the house with pawpaw being a standard item in our kitchen. Pawpaw is one of my all time favourite fruits as it is sweet yet low-calorie and it is easy to digest. I have brought this simple breakfast dish with me around the world.
Prep time 15 minutes, serves 1
- 1/2 medium pawpaw/papaya, with seeds and skin removed
- Fresh berries (I suggest blueberries)
- Coconut yogurt
- Nuts of choice (I suggest almonds, preferably chopped)
- Goji berries
- Desiccated coconut
- Remove the skin and seeds of the pawpaw.
- Put a dollop of coconut yogurt in the middle of the pawpaw.
- Sprinkle on the remaining toppings, using as much of each as you like.
This breakfast dish is fantastic way to start the day. You can get creative with the toppings and use as much (or as little) of the ones suggested as you like!