This show-stopper dish will wow your dinner guests! Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable jam packed with nutrients, and it happens to be super trendy right now. Cauliflower is easy to digest, high in fibre and low in calories so you can can enjoy lots of it without feeling heavy or guilty.
Cooking time 45-60 minutes, serves 4-6
- 1 whole cauliflower (medium-large)
- Olive oil
- Optional garnishes:
- Pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Boil a big pot of water with salt (big enough to submerge the whole cauliflower).
- Once the water is boiling, place the whole cauliflower in the pot and allow it to par-cook.
- Once the cauliflower is par-cooked (i.e. a fork can easily enter and exit the cauliflower) remove it from the boiling water – this should take 15-20 minutes.
- Allow the cauliflower to cool slightly.
- Place the cauliflower in a baking dish.
- Rub a generous amount of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and cinnamon on the cauliflower.
- Bake the cauliflower until golden brown – this should take another 15-20 minutes.
- When done, garnish the cauliflower with dukkah, zaatar and pomegranate seeds.
Serve the cauliflower on a large dish surrounded by other vegetables, or let it stand alone and speak for itself!