There is nothing quite like London during the festive season – the sparkling lights and warm flavours are so joyful you cannot help but get swept up in it. So much so, that I was inspired to make my own version of a sweet festive pumpkin loaf. It is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, has a vegan option and will have all of your friends and family asking for more!
Cooking time 45 minutes, makes 1 loaf tin
- 1 tin organic unsweetened pumpkin puree (400g)
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 2 eggs OR 2 mushed bananas for vegans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond/coconut milk
- 4 tbsp xylitol/maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp Christmas spice mix (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, fennel, cloves and coriander)
- 1 tsp vanila essence
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A few drops of caramel essence
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a big mixing bowl.
- Add all the wet ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Add the batter to the tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
I sprinkled some desiccated coconut on top for a crunchy kick! And it looks pretty too 🙂