These ooey-gooey chocolate pots are my go-to quick dessert. They are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and easily plant-based so everyone can enjoy them. They are flexible in terms of ingredients and always bring a wow-factor to the table.
Prep time 10 minutes, cooking time 15 minutes, serves 2
- 1 medium banana, mushed (can replace with same size avocado, suggest adding more sweetness in this case)
- 1 egg replacer (or real egg if you aren’t eating a plant-based diet)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp nut butter (can replace with tahini, suggest adding more sweetness in this case)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Dash of cinnamon
- Option to add a piece of chocolate in the centre of each pot, you can also add chopped dates (this is nice if using tahini instead of nut butter)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line your ramekins with cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl (except the chocolate piece if adding it).
- Place the mix evenly into two ramekins – if you are adding a chocolate piece, pour the mix into the ramekin half way, place the chocolate in the middle, and then fill the ramekin covering the piece of chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let is cool for a minute or two and then serve immediately, and carefully!
These are best enjoyed with ice-cream on top, I used a plant-based ice-cream.